3D Printlife BioPETG
BioPETG is a professional grade PETG specially formulated to be consumed by bacteria once it enters a landfill to energy facility or a commercial compost. 3D Printlife's proprietary bio-additive technology simply provides a food source for the bacteria living in those environments. BioPETG maintains the strength, heat resistance, printing characteristics, and post-process capabilities of PETG in every way.
How does BioPETG work?
BioPETG meets both ASTM D5338 & D5511 standards for biodegradability.
ASTM D5338 determines the degree and rate of aerobic biodegradation of plastic materials by measuring a percentage of conversion of carbon in the sample to carbon dioxide. ASTM D5511 measures anerobic biodegradation.
(Average results of combined tests)
BioPETG™ combines many of the benefits of ABS with the ease of printing associated with PLA in one material:
- High impact resistance
- High strength and durability
- Excellent layer adhesion
- Excellent pliability
- Very low shrinkage, therefore little to no warping making it deal for large prints
- Smooth finish
- No heated bed required
- High temperature resistance
- Odorless printing
- Excellent chemical and water resistance
- Excellent geometric accuracy
- Can be sterilized
- Strong but flexible (ideal for drones, mechanical parts, & robotics)
- FDA compliant
As with all materials there is a settings "sweet spot" that will vary from one printer to another. BioPETG™ is no different, but once you're dialed in printing with BioPETG™ is a dream. Here are some general setting guidelines:
- Set your nozzle temperature between 235°C and 250°C.
- Print with cooling fan at 100%
- A heated bed is not required but start between 70°C - 80°C if available.
- Set print speed around 55mm/sec or less.
- Try starting with an additional .2mm gap in the Z axis to avoid skimming
Nozzle Temp: 235℃ - 255℃
Bed Temp: 0°C - 80°C
Bed Surface: Glass, Painter's Tape, BuildTak, PEI
Print Speed: ≤ 55mm/s
Fan Speed: 100%
Flow Rate: 110.%
Spool Weight: 750g