PLA Filament Featuring Cuprionix®, a Patented Copper Oxide Nanomposite
In October, 2020 the Pasteur Institute in Lille, France tested Copper3D’s Cuprionix®, the active additive ingredient in PLACTIVE AN1, against Human Coronavirus strain 229E (HCoV-229E), under the EN14476 + A2 standard, with extraordinary results. After contact at 20°C with human coronavirus HCoV-229E in clean conditions according to the method described in standard NF EN 14476+A2 (July 2019)*, product COPPER 3D Additive at 50 % shows viral copy activity greater than or equal to 2.8 log after 30 seconds corresponding to a 99.842 % reduction in viral load.
This test was conducted with an initial viral load of 1,000,000/ml (Log 6), which is roughly 1,000 times the expected viral load on a contaminated surface (Log 3), vs. the Copper3D Cuprionix® additive at at 50% concentration. Cuprionix® is the active additive ingredient in PLACTIVE AN1.
In addition Cuprionix® did not show any degree of cytotoxicity, indicating that it is also safe for use in applications that will be in contact with patients or animals.
Copper3D PLACTIVE AN1 Copper Oxide Nanocomposite Infused PLA 3D Printer Filament. Ideal for 3D Printing Reusable Face Masks and Door Openers.
FDA-compliant and ISO-certified, PLACTIVE AN1™ is an innovative Nanocomposite developed with a high quality PLA and a patented, scientifically validated and highly effective Nano-Copper additive.
- Patented and proprietary nano copper additive releases highly active copper ions.
- Copper3D Cuprionix additive tested against HCoV-229E by the Pasteur Institute with excellent results. Cuprionix is the active ingredient in PLACTIVE AN1.
- Copper oxide infused properties also confirmed by two microbiology laboratories in Chile and USA. Clinically tested in prosthesis for amputees with excellent results
- Copper oxide nanoparticles infuse PLACTIVE AN1 with the special properties of copper, and copper oxide has been shown to have protective properties. For more information about Copper3D’s Nanocomposite visit: www.copper3d.com
- Due to differences in regulatory affairs between some countries and regions, there is a possibility that some of the claims regarding the beneficial properties of copper and PLACTIVE in general will vary in the online descriptions, packaging, and promotional materials.
- Claims in Chile, Europe, and the US may appear different as Copper3D registers their proprietary copper oxide additive with individual regulatory agencies like the EPA.
- These differences are made to comply with each country’s varying regulatory agencies, but they do NOT imply and difference in Copper3D materials which are manufactured centrally with the same ingredients and quality standards for all markets.
- PLACTIVE(tm) is a FDA Registered Material and EU compliant (No. 10/2011, No. 1935/2004 and No. 2023/2006). The manufacturer also has ISO 9001/2015 certification and is REACH compliant.
Dimensional Accuracy < +/- 0.05mm.
PLACTIVE ™ COPPER OXIDE ACTIVITY
These graphics shows the results of studies conducted by microbiology laboratories in USA, Chile and Dubai1,2,3. These studies confirm that the Colony Forming Units (CFU) of Staphylococcus aureus MRSA and Escherichia coli DH5α and other common microbes, falls abruptly during the first minutes in contact with PLACTIVE, continuing the elimination of bacterial strains until reaching >99.99% elimination at 24 hours.
1. SITU Biosciences Microbiology Laboratory, USA.
2. Microbiology Laboratory of Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile.
3. Al Hoty Stanger Laboratories, Dubai
For more information please contact us at: email@example.com
Nozzle Temp: 195℃ - 215℃
Bed Temp: 0°C - 60°C
Bed Surface: Glass, Painter's Tape, BuildTak, PEI
Print Speed: 50mm/s
Fan Speed: 100%
Flow Rate: 100%
Spool Weight: 750g