Modix Big-120X Extra Large Format 3D Printer
Similar to the Modix Big-60, it has all the latest components of Version 3 and offers the same level of modular offering to better match your needs and budget.
Here are a few unique specifications:
- Delivery: self assembly kit
- Print volume: 1,200 X 600 X 640 mm (XYZ).
- Machine Size (WxDxH): 1,556×1,060×1,356 mm
- Shipping Weight: 165 KG (depend on add-on selection)
- Enclosure: Optional
- Secondary print head: optional
- Z Axis Guides: Smooth rods, Hiwin rails – optional
- Additional add-ons available
Price includes 12 months of warranty and lifetime support. Warranty does not include degradable (PEI sheet and nozzles) and consumables.
Printing Technology – FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
Number of print heads – single or dual (optional)
Delivery – Self-assembly kit. Assembly guide includes easy to follow videos and online 3D models that can be rotated and zoomed.
1200 X 600 X 640 mm (XYZ)
1556 X 1025 X 1356 mm (W x D x H)
* not including filament spools on the left side
* Including packaging, enclosure, and 2nd print head
- Solid 40X40 T-slot aluminum profiles
- Powder-coated laser cut aluminum brackets and joints
- Enclosure made of 3mm black Aluminum Composite Panels (ACP).
- 7-inch Duet3d touchscreen – integrated with the controller
WiFi web access for remote control from either mobile or PC
allowing users to upload print files directly from their workstation.
- SD card slot and USB.
- Hiwin MGW12H linear guide rails
- Four Z ball screws for Z axis 16mm diameter, 4mm pitch
- 9 mm width Gates GT2 timing belt, reinforced with fiberglass
Axis Motors: Motech Nema 17 60mm length MT-1705HS200A
| Holding Torque: 114oz.in (8.2kg.cm) | Current / Phase: 2.00A |
- Position accuracy: X-10 Micron, Y-10 Micron, Z-0.5 Micron.
Print speed – Normal quality 60 mm/sec, Draft 100 mm/sec
Calculated for 0.4 nozzles. Larger nozzles normally print slower but provide parts much faster due to a reduced number of layers (thicker layer = lower resolution = faster results).
- Support both 110V and 230V
- For electronics: – Meanwell 24V 280W Power Supply
- Protections: Short / Over-load / Over-voltage / Over-heating.
- No-load power consumption<0.5W
- LED indicator for power on
- Aviation grade switches and connectors
- Heat Bed AC powered heater 1370 Watt
- PID bed heater controller by Autonic
- 6.35mm thick, Alcoa Mic6 milled cast aluminum plate, made in the USA.
- AC powered bed heater 1370 Watt. Requires additional independent 15A AC source.
- Dual heating zones. Inner 200X200mm size for small objects and lower power consumption.
- Max temperature – 120C
- Print surface – PEI film with 3M high temp adhesive sheet.
Auto Bed Leveling
- BL touch probe as standard
- Probing of bed shape is kept in controller memory and activated before each print.
- Probing mesh
- Open source Duet RepRap firmware. The leading firmware for 3D printing allowing numerous configurations and easy customization using the macro system.
One can choose from any available slicer and 3D printer controller including Slic3r, Cura, and Simplified3d (recommended).
Specific printer configurations are supplied in the customer zone.
- E3D Aero extruder for both primary and secondary extruders.
- Configuration: Main – direct drive, secondary – direct drive.
- Extruder drive gear ratio 3:1 for power and accuracy.
- Nema17 40mm for high power extrusion.
- Adjustable tension idler.
E3D Volcano high flow heat block – standard.
Optional E3D V6 for very small items with high details or SuperVolcano for a very fast high flow and bulky objects (shown at the photo on the right).
- The 1.75 mm filament diameter is the default, but the end-customer can change it to 3mm filament.
- 0.4, 0.6 & 0.8 mm brass Volcano nozzles.
- Smaller nozzle diameters are available for the standard V6
Heater cartridge is 24V 40W, max temperature is 285C by default. Can be converted to a higher temperature of up to 500C
by the end-customer by changing the thermistor, if needed.
- Part cooling fan – 5015 blower fan
The printing head(s) supports almost any existing filament including :
PLA, ABS, composites: Carbon fiber, Wood, Copper, Brass, Magnetic…, PHA, PVA, Hips, Nylon, TPE & TPU (flexible) Co-Polyester, PETG…
Open Filament – Any filament from any vendor can be used.
Filament Run-Out Sensor – The filament run-out detection sensor will pause the print job when the filament has been used up.
CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE!